With us being at CTCon, I was not able to post daily updates on the breaking news out of SDCC. My apologies. Here is what you may have missed!
- It was announced that they would be publishing My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic comic starting in November.
- A new ongoing Judge Dredd comic from writer Duane Swierczynski and artist Nelson Daniel.
From DC: Superman
- Superman: Earth One Volume 2 is out November 7th and will feature Superman fighting the Parasite.
- Superman #0 will focus on Jor-El and Lara’s relationship and the last days of Krypton.
- After their respective issue #13s, Action Comics, Superman, Superboy and Supergirl will have tighter cohesiveness. We’ll see some tension between Superboy and Supergirl because Superboy is a clone; Kryptonian clones have a tendency to deteriorate and go crazy. Superman is going to attempt to mentor both Connor and Kara.
- Hints were dropped that Lex Luthor would be making his appearance in the present time of the continuity and that there might be more than one Luthor for Superman to contend with.
From DC: Justice League & Green Lantern
- The Justice League International Annual is mainly a Booster Gold story written by Geoff Johns and Dan Didio. (If SyFy wasn’t developing a Booster Gold project, I would fear for him.)
- Geoff Johns said the Third Army event was a prologue for an ever bigger event that he has planned.
- Over on Earth Two, we will see a prelude adventure of that Earth’s Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman that will flesh out Earth Two. James Robinson said that there had been 8 heroes (including Terry Sloan, who is the 4th hero on the cover to #0) in Earth Two’s back story. Also, Sandman (Wesley Dodds) will be joining the team.
- Geoff Johns has already started work on Batman: Earth One Volume 2.
From Marvel: Ultimate Comics
- There will be an Ultimate Iron Man miniseries launching in November by Nathan Edmondson.
- Kitty Pryde will be taking more of a leadership role in Ultimate X-Men.
From Marvel: Cup of Joe
- Everything they’re doing with Avengers vs. X-Men culminates with Marvel Now!, their relaunch of certain books.
- A few different post Avengers vs X-Men books in October. A Plus X from Jeph Loeb, Dan Slott, Dale Keown and Ron Garney appears to be a team-up book. AvX: Consequences from Kieron Gillen, Tom Raney and Mark Brooks is a 5 week weekly miniseries and finally A-Babies vs. X-Babies one-shot written by Skottie Young.
- There will be a Marvel Now! Point One issue that will lay the groundwork for storylines in the new Marvel Now! relaunch.
From DC New 52
- Ed Benes will be the regular artist on Batgirl, starting with issue #0.
- Scott Snyder likens Talon #0 to DaVinci Code in Gotham.
- Geoff Johns had this to say about the Justice League going forward: “JL #12 ends the second arc with the team torn apart a bit. You’ll see members leave and new ones come in the second year. The second year is all about the team trying to be the team they should be instead of the team they are.”
- In Justice League #16, we will finally see the story behind Martian Manhunter’s tenure on the League.
- There are plans for more Firefly/Serenity comics; just no announcement yet.
- There will be a Dr. Horrible sequel.
- ”All-Winners Squad” is a new Marvel web series, taking a reality-show approach to the underdog heroes Squirrel Girl, the Unicorn and Hypno Hustler.
- The first episode also guest stars Mysterio, the Walrus, Frogman, and Howard the Duck.
- Batroc, Big Wheel, Boomerang, Demolition Man, Devil Dinosaur, Doop, Ego the Living Planet, Hell Cow, Hit Monkey, Man Bull, Phone Ranger, Rocket Racer, Ruby Thursday, and Stilt Man will also feature in the series.
- Tim Drake was never Robin?!? Teen Titans #0 just got a whole lot more interesting.
- The New 52 version of Crimson Fox will be appearing in Red Hood & the Outlaws.
- Scott Lobdell said Red Hood & the Outlaws #0 is the saddest story he has ever written.
- October sees the launch of Minimum Carnage, a mini-series featuring Venom and Scarlet Spider following Carnage into the microverse.
- Also in October Punisher: War Zone, a 5 issue mini-series in which the Avengers decide they need to take Punisher down.
- Game of Thrones Season 3 Teaser
- Walking Dead Season 3 Trailer
- 2012 Eisner Award Winners
- There’s going to be a Deadpool Video Game
- Image Comics announced a slew of new comics.
- Marvel Studios outline their next 5 movies!
- Fringe Season 5 Trailer
- Collected Comics Library has a great write-up on all things Collected announced at SDCC.