Current Job Opportunities
Modern Myths is an independent retail store selling comic books, graphic novels, and hobby games in Northampton, MA & Mamaroneck, NY. If you’re passionate about comics and games and would like to be part of a locally-owned independent business, bring us your resume and then fill out an application at our store during our business hours.
Part Time Staff Member
Hours: Part-Time – 10+ Hours/week, evenings after 4pm and weekend availability required
Compensation: Minimum Wage
Typical Daily Duties:
- Interact with customers, recommending products and answering questions.
- Complete transactions on the POS, including but not limited to sales, purchases, returns and exchanges.
- Receive, price, and stock merchandise that enters the store.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines designated to their position.
- Daily cleaning of the store.
- Host/facilitate gaming or discussion group events at the store.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience in a retail or customer service role.
- Ability to regularly move 50 lb boxes and stand for 8 hour shifts.
- Punctuality, detail oriented nature, and time management skills are all important
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work well with a group.
- Professional and positive manner when working with customers and other staff.
To apply please submit your resume in person and complete an application at Modern Myths, 34 Bridge St, Northampton MA 01060.
The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Modern Myths is committed to diversity and actively takes affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.