Queers in Comics & Games Discussion Group
** New Night** Third Monday of every month
from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
Queers in Comics & Games is a monthly discussion group to talk about topics in the LGBTQIA+ community as they interact with comics and games. All events at Modern Myths are for customers ages 13+, or with a parent if younger, however please note this discussion group often covers more adult concepts like intersectional feminism, homophobia, and stereotypes within media.
Admission is a $5 day pass that returns a coupon good for $5 off any purchase.
Modern Myths engenders to create a space that is welcoming and safe for all, regardless of gender, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
We know topics we may discuss in Queers in Comics & Games may get emotionally charged. To maintain a safe and welcoming space for all, every attendee is required to follow the rules below.
- Everyone should treat everyone else with respect: no name-calling, no emotional outbursts, no accusations.
- No arguments directed at people – only at ideas and opinions. Disagreement should be respectful – no ridicule.
- Don’t interrupt. Listen to the whole of others’ thoughts – actually listen, rather than just running over your own response in your head.
- Respect the group’s time. Try to keep your comments reasonably short and to the point, so that others have a chance to respond.
- Consider all comments seriously, and try to evaluate them fairly. Others’ ideas and comments may change your mind, or vice versa: it’s important to be open to that.
- Don’t be defensive if someone disagrees with you. Evaluate both positions, and only continue to argue for yours if you continue to believe it’s right.
- Everyone is responsible for following and upholding the ground rules.
Modern Myths reserves the right to remove any person who is not following the above rules, who is intentionally trying to create conflict, or otherwise creates an unsafe space.